On 11/18/10 2:57 PM, marius zbihlei wrote:
On 11/18/2010 03:59 PM, Fred Posner wrote:
On Nov 18, 2010, at 8:49 AM, marius zbihlei wrote:

On 11/18/2010 01:58 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
Hello,

during the testing period of Kamailio 3.1.0, while running it at
voipuser.org, I had the chance to watch live and analyze a SIP scanning
attack. Yesterday I noticed another one by looking at Siremis 2.0
charts, therefore I wrote an article with some hints about what you can
use to protect your SIP services within Kamailio configuration file.

You can read it at:
    * http://asipto.com/u/i

Hope is going to be useful for many of you!

Cheers,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Nice read, thanks for sharing. This "friendly-scanner" messages has really gotten out of hand lately. FYI, they are generated by a python suite called SIPVicious (ha ha nice pun)(http://code.google.com/p/sipvicious/) . More on this http://blog.sipvicious.org/. The suite was developed (really really extended the sense of the word "developed" here - as the scripts are really basic) by a security company who trails over Europe giving lectures on Voip security. :)

Cheers,
Marius
SIP Vicious does have a kill command... I've tried launching that on detection with mixed results. Triggering it from a hash count might prove better.

The kill command (actually a bug that caused a Python exception to be raised) was fixed in a later commit :)

:-) I wouldn't expect to last too long.

I wonder what would happen to send back stateless the flood to source IP and port.

In kamailio config would be:

$du = "sip:" + $si + ":" + $sp;
forward();

It won't cause use of many resources, maybe bandwidth.

Would I get a challenge :-) ?

Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla