Hello,

popping in to add some clarifications/hints regarding some statements in this thread...

Loading of LCR rules from database is done through private memory, but the records are loaded in chunks. So you should be fine with 4MB of memory. If it is not enough for startup/reload time, just lower the valuu of fetch_rows parameter (usually present in other modules that load from database, as well).

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/lcr.html#id2502056

Also note that private memory is sued temporary to load the rules, just to transit from database to shared memory, then no private memory is used for lcr records as Juha said.

Regarding the shared memory, looking at the source code will help to see the overhead per lcr record and then just add the size of the data loaded from memory (some such as domain names are variable size). However, there is a simple way to estimate the need of shared memory by loading for example 1000 records and then 2000 records. Using 'kamctl fifo get_statistics all' you can see the used shared memory size in the both cases, make the difference and then estimate the size per record. As I said, that is practically to approximate average size per record.

If you reload the rules at runtime, you may need 2x shared memory size for lcr rules - Juha can confirm that the module is (re-)loading rules in a separate memory structure and then swaps with the active one, and frees the old one afterwards, since I am not really using much this module.

Besides the lcr records, you need to have extra shared memory for transaction processing.

Cheers,
Daniel