Hi,

On 1/9/12 12:25 AM, Ben WIlliams wrote:
Is it possible to make Siremis store passwords in plaintext?

siremis stores plaintext password, but I assume you want not to store.

At this moment there is no config option for that, it will store plain text. You can update in the php file siremis/modules/ser/sbs/authdb/do/SubscriberDO.php to set an emty value for password field and just store ha1 and ha1b -- the file online in git repo:

http://siremis.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=siremis/siremis;a=blob;f=siremis/modules/ser/sbs/authdb/do/SubscriberDO.php;hb=HEAD

After computation of ha1 and ha1b, reset the value of  $recArr['password'].

Also, as alternative, you can have a cron.d job to delete the values in password column of subscriber table.

Regards,
Ramona

  I've just
converted to hashed passwords as well and
kamctlrc has STORE_PLAINTEXT_PW=0 but Siremis is still storing
passwords in plaintext.