On 01/26/2012 02:34 PM, laura testi wrote:
Hi Hennings,
thanks a lot for your answer.

I'm sending you other information about our Kamailio xmpp server.

in attach the "sercmd cfg.set_now_int core mem_dump_shm" output.

And here:

kamctl fifo get_statistics | grep mem

shmem:fragments = 13107
shmem:free_size = 99724520
shmem:max_used_size = 57559216
shmem:real_used_size = 34493208
shmem:total_size = 134217728
shmem:used_size = 25651280

Thanks an kind regards,
Hello,

This seems pretty low (and normal). Probably there are some problems with external libraries (API) using malloc and not properly freeing memory. This is not a problem with the library itself, but more with the way the library is used. For example the libpcre library had this sort of leak when used in the regex modules.

Look for external libraries (by checking the dependency list) for the custom setup you have. Then, try to match every external library instantiation(allocation) (via library method) to a corresponding release of resources.

Cheers
Marius

--
Zbihlei Marius

Head of
Linux Development Services Romania

1&1 Internet Development srl    Tel KA: 754-9512
Str Mircea Eliade 18            Tel RO: +40-31-223-9512
Sect 1, Bucuresti               mailto: marius.zbih...@1and1.ro
71295, Romania