Hello,

On 3/11/12 1:28 AM, Kristijan Vrban wrote:
Hello, how to tell that Kamailio should juse a session_id for tls ?
See ssldump output below. I reckon that this is the reason the
client i use end with "handshake_failure". Because when is use
opensips, there is the session_id, and it's working.

Kristijan

2 1  0.0228 (0.0228)  C>S  Handshake
       ClientHello
         Version 3.1
         cipher suites
         TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
         TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA
         TLS_RSA_WITH_NULL_MD5
         TLS_RSA_WITH_NULL_SHA
         TLS_DH_anon_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
         TLS_DH_anon_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
         TLS_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA
         TLS_RSA_EXPORT1024_WITH_RC4_56_SHA
         TLS_RSA_EXPORT1024_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA
         TLS_DH_anon_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA
         compression methods
                   NULL
1    0.0519 (0.0519)  C>S  TCP FIN
2 2  0.0432 (0.0204)  S>C  Handshake
       ServerHello
         Version 3.1
         session_id[0]=

         cipherSuite         TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
         compressionMethod                   NULL
2 3  0.0432 (0.0000)  S>C  Handshake
       Certificate
2 4  0.0432 (0.0000)  S>C  Handshake
       ServerHelloDone
2 5  0.0452 (0.0020)  C>S  Alert
     level           fatal
     value           handshake_failure
1    0.0744 (0.0225)  S>C  TCP FIN
2    0.0681 (0.0228)  S>C  TCP FIN
the tls module has now the option to turn on/off session caching, which was on by default in openser 1.x. Now it is off as it does not make much benefits with out multi-process architecture. Try to add to your config:

modparam("tls", "session_cache", 1)

Let me know if works -- the module parameter is missing from the readme, perhaps the author forgot to add it at the time of development -- I will try to sync the sources and the readme for tls module asap.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany