If you want to receive any suggestions it would be better to show you config file with some comments. It will reduce a time to understand you configuration and will increase a chance to get any help here.

After further testing it was found that setting the alias like this somehow broke outgoing messages. I'm not certain exactly how Kamailio handles aliases, but it seems like it is not as simple as I expected. I am working on figuring out a new solution now if anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks,
Ed