Juha Heinanen writes:

> if i understood the above correctly, existence of received param in path
> header of register request, automatically sets nat bflag that (in my
> case 7). where is that documented?

it is documented here:

  3.19. path_use_received (integer)

  If set to 1, the “received” parameter of the first Path URI of a
  registration is set as received-uri and the NAT branch flag is set for
  this contact. This is useful if the registrar is placed behind a SIP
  loadbalancer, which passes the nat'ed UAC address as “received”
  parameter in it's Path uri.

it assumes one particular use case and does not support any other.

-- juha