Hello,

On 11/6/13 7:15 PM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:
Hi guys,

this happens to me all the time: when I search for documentation about a specific Kamailio module on Google, I always land on outdated entries usually from Kamailio 1.6.x.

Although this seems trivial and I could simply update the URL to the current version of Kamailio, this may be not so obvious for new users and they may end up reading expired documentation and/or implementing non-optimal solutions to their problems.

is there a way to only allow indexation of the last documentation? Something like removing the version or adding an HTTP 301 to old entries?
removing is not a good option, still lot of people use old versions.

I wanted for long time, but no spare cycles for, anyhow, one of items in the to-do list once we get the tech admin group is to look at deploying a search engine for kamailio.org and related relevant sites. If one can suggest a good application to use, reply here (ideally open source, mysql+php based, not to install lot of extra dependencies that we don't have already for other need).

Cheers,
Daniel

Kamailio Advanced Trainings - Berlin, Nov 25-28
  - more details about Kamailio trainings at http://www.asipto.com -