On 11/19/2015 05:58 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
Richard Fuchs writes:

if via-branch=extra is used in offers of branched, should it also be
used in answers and deletes?

Yes it should, as rtpengine uses the via-branch to match the answers to
the offers which didn't have a to-tag. Looking at the sources, the same
logic appears to be missing in the code handling the deletes. I'll fix
this oversight soon.

richard,

thanks for your answer.  it explained the behavior that i saw.

how about the other question: what happens if delete is not called at
all on a failed branch or failed whole call?  will offers without
matching answers or deletes be cleaned up automatically by a timer?

Yes, one of the two usual call timers. Off the top of my head I believe the longer ("silenced") timer is the relevant one here.

Cheers