"FOR ME, HARADINAJ IS A WAR CRIMINAL" ( Koha Ditore) All headers
All attachments

DEL PONTE: "FOR ME, HARADINAJ IS A WAR CRIMINAL"

(Koha Ditore)

The Chief Prosecutor of The Hague Tribunal, Carla del Ponte, admitted in an interview with "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" that there was and is a political pressure on the Prosecution of The Hague Tribunal for the war crimes in former Yugoslavia.

Carla Del Ponte criticized the decision of the Hague Tribunal to set free Ramush Haradinaj. She did not want to say whether there was a political pressure on the case of Ramush Haradinaj's release.

"We have opposed this decision, but this is court decision. It is more surprising that Haradinaj is the only of our accused that has a right to deal with politics. It is said that he is a kind of a stability factor. I cannot understand this. For me he is a war criminal," she said.

When asked if it is true that it was most difficult for them to find the witnesses in Kosovo, ready to testify, Del Ponte said: "It was not difficult to find them, but to keep them and ensure they are willing to appear in the court and repeat what they told us. The difficulty in Kosovo was that nobody helped us."

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Одговори путем е-поште