> Exactly, so how do I *force* (i.e. convince it is a 'good thing') our
> users to use ssh without actually deleting the telnet command? Telnet is
> still used for simple testing - e.g. "We can't send any mail"; the admin
> simply initially uses 'telnet <host> 25' to see what happens. Hence telnet as
> a command is still required, and if it is there then the users are probably
> going to use 'telnet host' rather than 'ssh host'. They *may* get used to
> using ssh, but as always there will be some who don't or take a long time in
> converting.

Replace you OS distributed telnet with a telnet that supports secure
connections and configure it for required use.  Then when the telnet
program is used to connect to a telnet server that does not support
secure telnet it will drop the connection and issue an error message.

    Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
              612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025
  http://www.kermit-project.org/k95.html * [EMAIL PROTECTED]