Greg's right. Also, did you remember to restart the daemon after changing
the config file? This helps sometimes :)

-Anne

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 09:35:29PM -0700, Gregor Mosheh wrote:

> That's usually how it's done.
> The other way is the -p flag when starting the sshd.
>
> --
> Gregor Mosheh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Systems Admin, Humboldt Internet
> 707.825.4638
>

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Mario Rincon Jr. wrote:
>
> > How can I change the default port of 22 to something else that we
> > prefer.
> >
> > We tried just changing the /usr/local/etc/sshd_config file and
> > restarting SSH but that did not work.
> >
> > Any info. would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > MR
> >
> > --
> > ************************
> >      Amicus Inc.
> >
> >    Mario Rincon Jr.
> >  Network Administrator
> >     512.531.3432
> >    www.amicus.com

Anne Carasik                      | Economists state their GNP growth
Principal Consultant              | projections to the nearest tenth of
SSH Communications Security, Inc. | a percentage point to prove they have
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               | a sense of humor. -Edgar R. Fiedler
Unless stated otherwise above, the opinions expressed herein are my own,
                            not of my employer.