I think that I have the problem almose solved with my installation.

When I specify LIBS with any combination of -lRSAref -lRSAglue -lz before
running the configure, it gives me the error.

> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables."

when I don't set LIBS, I get the error.

>checking for OpenSSL directory... configure: error: Could not find working
SSLeay / OpenSSL libraries, please install

I'm at a loss here. Suggestions? I reinstalled my gcc/binutils to make sure
it wasn't a compiler issue. Everything looks good there.

--Scott