Hello,

I am using Openssh (2.3.0p1) and am connecting to a Sun Solaris 8 system
which has vim 5.7 installed on it. When I connect from my work PC (redhat
7), to the Sun and invoke 'view' I get the standard introductory screen -
"VIM -Vi Improved; version 5.7; by Bram Moolenaar et al." etc. No problem.
However, if I try and do this from the postmasters PC (redhat 7) and login
to the Sun system with the postmaster account, I then get the following as
soon as I invoke vim (or view):

Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Escape,_Key_Cancel" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Home,_Key_Begin" to type VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F1,_Key_Help" to type VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Shift<Key>F10,_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F10,Shift_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>KP_Enter,_Key_Execute" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Alt<Key>Return,Alt_Key_KP_Enter" to type
VirtualBinding

I can see no difference between the postmaster account and my own; no
difference in any Xresource (Xdefault) settings, no difference in the
openssh config files; the same view/vim binary is used, etc etc.

IF I telnet to the sun then it all works okay (no message) regardless of
which account is used. So I can only assume that this is caused by openssh
somewhere. Anyone any ideas as to what is producing the above messages
(perhaps from something in /usr/dt on the Sun), but also why since the 2
accounts seem to be identical. The sshd_config file on the Sun has
X11Forwarding set true.

Thanks for any ideas,

John.

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]