My mistake, I forgot to mention the following:

In SSH1, the session key is hidden by the public keys. The user
authentication is part of the packet protocol which is normally encrypted.

It is possible to run SSH without encryption, but it is no more secure than
using rsh. ARC4 is also a valid encryption fairly fast, stream-based
algorithm, but I do not know how it compares to Blowfish.

--
-Todd Short
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]