I am running ssh 2.5.2 on Solaris 8.  I connect to the system using SecureCRT 3.3 with X11 Forward on.  Once connected I can execute xterm, dtterm, admintool, etc. . .  without issue.   When I attempt to execute Netscape 4.75 browser I get the following error message:

[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : RECV: CHANNEL_OPEN[x11]

Xlib: connection to "p0d206:11.0" refused by server
Xlib: SSH gateway: X11 authentication failed.
Error: Can't open display: p0d206:11.0
[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : RECV: CHANNEL_OPEN[x11]
Xlib: connection to "p0d206:11.0" refused by server
Xlib: SSH gateway: X11 authentication failed.
Error: Can't open display: p0d206:11.0

When I go to execute netscape 4.73 browser everything works.  Then I attempt to do the same thing from a Solaris ssh client and the following debug error is reported for Netscape 4.75 browser:

X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.

Has anyone seen this and has anyone been able to get around this?  I have tried compiling and installing 2.9.x and I recieve the exact same error.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.  -Thanks

Regards
Eric L. Sammons
Federal Reserve Automation Services
Work: (804)697-3925