On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:42:33PM +0900, Takuya Nozawa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about upgrading to OpenSSH.
> Now,I'm using ssh1.2.26 on Solaris 2.6-sparc,but I want to update
> my ssh environment for caring security.I couldn't get information
> for them on archive of this mail-list and FAQ.
>
> My question are..
>   1.Can I use my old keyfile for OpenSSH 2.5.2p2.
>     If I chose this way,what kind of problem occur on my environment?

Should work fine for protocol 1.

>   2.Can I use my old authorized_key file and known_hosts on other machine?
>     If I chose this way,what kind of problem occur on my environment?

There is a problem in that some keys generated by ssh1.2.26 are actually
1023 bits even though it was reporting them to be 1024 bits.  See
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=99438723227424&w=2

>     and Can I use SSH2 authorization on this environment?

Only by generating a new key and using authorized_keys2 and known_hosts2,
although it looks like the current OpenSSH in CVS supports both kinds of
keys in authorized_keys and known_hosts.

- Dave Dykstra