I had previous problems w/ 2.5.2p2 using password authentication on
Mandrake-7.0.  I type in my password, and it claims it's invalid, yet I
log in via telnet and my password works fine.  I enable the --with-pam
option within configure.  I grabbed the /etc/pam.d/ssh file from my
RedHat system and transfered it onto /etc/pam.d   Here's what my sshd
file looks like:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok use_authtok
session    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

No errors within my syslog (pam authentication, etc.).

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature