At 10:51 AM +0200 7/18/01, Phillip Du Plooy wrote:
>Hallo Bruce,
>
>Thank you for the help. There is still one thing I do not get.  How
>do you remap the numpad enter (right most enter ) to \033Om ? Am I
>correct: there are 3 places you can edit the mapping firs the
>"logical" to keyboard value and than the keyboard to remote value,
>where do I edit? The "Documentation is internal to that file, for
>what it's worth" is 100% on. One more silly question: is this file
>case sensitive?
>
>Phillip du Plooy
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

We've had very limited success working with the keymap file. One of
our student employees spent quite a bit of time experimenting with an
earlier version of ssh for windows. This is his summary:

At 2:07 PM -0600 2/16/01,xxx wrote:
>OK, I had a minor breakthrough here. The good news is that I was
>able to get Escape to act like Meta; the bad news was that I
>couldn't make any other keys work. I had to change the keymap22.map
>file that was stored in C:\Documents and
>Settings\Administrator\Application Data\SSH (rather than the
>keymap22.map in the SSH Program Files folder, which I guess will be
>an issue for all NT/2000 users).  The change is, in the section
>labeled Modifiers default-modifiers, add a line that says "Esc =
>Meta" right below "Meta_R = Meta".
>
>In the shell (bash), it worked fine, except that you have to keep
>pressing escape every time you want it to act as a modifier. For
>example, if you type  "blah blah blah", then press Esc and Backspace
>once, it will delete the last "blah", but if you keep pressing
>backspace while holding down Esc, it only deletes one character at a
>time, until you release and press Escape again. In emacs it's the
>same way, except that for some reason you have to use the Delete key
>instead of backspace to delete things.
>
>So obviously there are a lot of problems, but at least it's a start.

Bruce
---
Northwestern University | Academic Technologies | Research Technologies
1935 Sheridan Rd  |  NU Library 2East, Rm 2644  | Evanston IL 60208-2323
V:847/491-4055 F:847/467-7705 http://charlotte.at.northwestern.edu/bef/

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.