I have installed openssl0.9.6 and openssh9.2p2 on AIX 4.3.3.
The public key authentication works, but the password authentication
doesn't. As far as I understand, if the public key authentication
doesn't work, for example because I have removed the authorized_keys
file, the client should be asked for his UNIX-password, but that
doesn't happen. Does anybody knows why? What would be the
correct way to switch to password authentication?

Regards

Rolf Walter

--

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn
Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or