On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Carl J. Nobile wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Good question, I never tried ssh or scp from a windows machine. You will
> have problems for sure with spaces in file or directory names. From a
> windows machine I'd just ZIP up the whole directory tree and then just
> send over the single file. Use unzip on the UNIX/Linux box to decompress
> the files. Read the man page on the Linux box to see how it works.

>From a Windows machine, be sure to enclose in double quotes (")
those filenames with embedded spaces. To make your life easier,
I suggest you use iexplore (this is a GUI front end for pscp; pscp
is the Windows version of scp). iexplore looks very much like
Windows Explorer, just drag and drop the files you want to
transfer!

--
It's no surprise that things are so screwed up: everyone who knows
how to run a government is either driving taxicabs or cutting hair.