I am a software developer attempting to log onto a Linux server using SSH
2.4. I am running Windows 2000 on a laptop and use a dialup connection to
the internet.

Each time I attempt to log on, I receive a message like the following:

Authentication failed. You probably typed your password wrong. Try again. If
after several tries you still can't log on, talk to your system
administrator.

And then I get:

No further authentication methods available.

These messages appear _before_ I have been prompted for my password. My
system administrator says that, according to the logs,  my software is
initiating the disconnect.

Another wrinkle: I am unable to log on only when I am in a certain school in
Waltham, MA. I have been able to log on elsewhere. Note that I am able to do
everything else I want to on the internet, such as send and receive email
and download web pages and binaries and the like.

Thanks for listening.

Ian White
Essex Symphony Orchestra
[EMAIL PROTECTED]