On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 07:56:07PM -0700, Auteria Wally Winzer Jr. wrote:
> I have both rsaref2 and Openssl-0.9.6b installed.  The 1st issue is a configure
>problem.
> The OpenSSL libs reside in /usr/local/lib, the OpenSSL includes reside in
>/usr/local/linclude/openssl.
> The rsaref2 lib librsaref.h lives in /usr/local/lib, w/ rsaref2 includes live in
>/usr/local/include.
> configure produces this message:
>
> checking for OpenSSL directory... /usr/local/lib
> checking for RSA support... configure: warning: *** No RSA support found ***
>
> I looked at the configure script.  If it can't find the lib(s) then it'll
>incorporate -lcrypto, -lRSAglue, and -lrsaref.

Forget about RSAref. It is phased out of OpenSSL. OpenSSL has generic
RSA support.

> OK, that fine, but when it gets to linking ssh this message appears:
>
> gcc -o ssh ssh.o sshconnect.o sshconnect1.o sshconnect2.o sshtty.o readconf.o
> clientloop.o -L. -Lopenbsd-compat/ -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib
>-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lssh -lopenbsd-compat -lwra
> p -lz -lsocket -lnsl  -lgen -lcrypto -lRSAglue -lrsaref -lssl
> ssh_z_inflateEnd                    ./libssh.a(compress.o)
> ssh_z_deflateEnd                    ./libssh.a(compress.o)
> ssh_z_inflateInit_                  ./libssh.a(compress.o)
> ssh_z_inflate                       ./libssh.a(compress.o)
> ssh_z_deflateInit_                  ./libssh.a(compress.o)
> ssh_z_deflate                       ./libssh.a(compress.o)
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ssh
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> It's linking against zlib, version 1.1.3.

I am somewhat suprised. I did not see anything like "ssh_z_*" in OpenSSH.
The symbols should be "inflateEnd" etc to be resolved by libz.

You are building an unmodified version of the OpenSSH source, aren't you?
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/