Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a try.  I had an issue with scp on Solaris
boxes and I traced the problem to a path to the scp executable and it only occurred
for me for sh and ksh shell users.  For me, the scp was not working because it was
looking for scp in /usr/bin and scp was installed to /usr/local/bin.  So I created a
symbolic link to it in /usr/bin and that fixed my problem.

Try this: (fixes path issue with scp for sh and ksh users)
ln -s /usr/local/bin/scp /usr/bin/scp

Jeff

>>> VENKATESH MOODLIAR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08/13/01 02:36PM >>>
Hi,

When I do a scp from machine b to a, I had no problem.
Everything was fine. But when I do a scp from machine
a to b then it comes up with an error message which
is, 'Could not create socket pair: Invalid Argument.
lost connection'. I dont know whats happening, both a
& b are operationg under RedHat 6.2 and has the same
version of SSH which is, OpenSSH 2.1.1.

Some of the debug messages as a result of a scp from a
to b are:

Applying options for *
Seeding random number generator
ssh_connect: get uid 0 get uid 0 anon 0
connecting to machb.machine.mac [10.0.0.11] port 22
Seeding random number generator
Allocated local port 939
Connection established
Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version
OpenSSH_2.1.1
Local version string SSH_1.5-OpenSSH_2.1.1
Waiting for server public key
Connection established
sending scp -t -v test
could not create socket pair: Invalid Argument
lost connection

I dont know what is the problem? Am I missing any
files on the other machine?

Venkatesh