> From: Robert Peirce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:53:01 -0400
>
> I just downloaded the ssh package from PSU and found that it needs Zlib,
> OpenSSL and PAM.  I found Zlib on PSU.  I found an OpenSSL for Macintosh at
> PSU as well, but I need OpenSSL and PAM for a NeXT computer.  Can anybody
> point me to a source for these?

You can either:

   - use http://www.yahoo.com/, for  example, to search those packages
     on the web,

   - get the source from any GNU/Linux distribution, using a command like:

     $ rpm2cpio /cdrom/full-names/src/openssl-0.9.6-32.src.rpm | cpio -iduv
     conf.dif
     openssl-0.9.6.dif
     openssl-0.9.6.tar.gz
     openssl.spec
     4098 blocks

     or,

   - go directly to the home web site of the wanted package (which can
     easily be found with yahoo! if you don't know it already):
     http://www.openssl.org/

I compiled openssl-0.9.6 without problem on OPENSTEP 4.2.

The  only problem  I  have, related  to  openssl, is  that the  random
generator  configured has a  hard time  gathering entropy:  most often
than not  sshd can't be started right  after the boot, or  by cvs thru
ssh sessions can't  complete for lack of entropy. It  would be nice to
be able to  use the NeXTdisplay built-in microphone  to gather all the
wanted entropy.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around