Hello,

I am having a bit of a problem getting OpenSSH-2.9p2 functioning under
Solaris 8 with NIS.

I can login fine using ssh as long as the account is in /etc/passwd.

Telnetting to localhost I am able to authenticate as a NIS user.

ssh fails claiming an illegal user:

debug1: userauth-request for user sarmijo service ssh-connection method none
debug1: attempt 0 failures 0 input_userauth_request: illegal user sarmijo
Failed none for illegal user sarmijo from 10.0.0.2 port 2251 ssh2

i have built with/without PAM with no change.

has anyone seen this before?  I have applied the most recent ( as of 9/12 )
jumbo patch...

thanks,

-s