Name: Jim Burns, live Charlotte, NC, retired Stockbroker. For many years in HO,
N, even Z. Found "G" about 5 years ago via inside, around ceiling sparkers
running two rooms thru wall. Didn't know they were available in LS! For many
years enjoyed hobby of metal work and constructed several stationary steam
engines, Displacement oilers, small boilers, etc. Have moved from Unimat to 9"
South Bend and 12" Clausing. Lucky enough to own couple mills, die filers,
shaper, etc.
discovered LS at local club steamup. First impression--What's that loud
whistle?, what's butane?
Downhill from there. Have been Diamondhead past three times, twice to West
Coast Nat'l Steamup. Wife and I travel Northern Va, Florida or anywhere when
poss to enjoy the company of the steaming community.  Own several Asters,
Argyles, Frank S's, Catatonks, Pearse and Roundhouses.Love 'em all and want
more. Have small outdoor track oval, brass, dbl track, LGB and Aristo Wides. Am
a less than serious participant on chat lines on LSOL and SitG. Know several of
you via DH or chatlines.Though I have some large engines, I enjoy smaller
engines and Gears! Prefer butane, still learning alcohol. Have enjoyed the
hobby and the people in it very, very much.