> Date:  Thu, 25 Nov 1999 18:55:03 +1030
> From: "Kathy & Phil Creer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Forgive the ignorance of a novice, but what is a Goodall valve? My bantam
> arrived 6 days ago, already has had R/C added and a 4-wheel tender to store
> the radio gear, also i cast a lead front buffer beam to counteract the
> tail-heaviness. It runs like a clock but not for long enough so I'd love to
> know of a way to top the boiler whilst under pressure.

Being another novice I will second this question. Actually, I have
already heard and read about this valve many times but I have never
seen it... From what I understood people put it on the steam dome in
case of Frank S. What does it look like?? I am not sure I want to have
anything sticking out from the steam dome..

On related matter, there seems to be some room for external water supply
in the tender of Frank, how difficult is to make an installation which
would get it to the boiler under pressure?
I have seen the (hand-)pomps listed in catalogues, so the rest should
be the water tank and the pipe with some sort of a fitting going into
the boiler. Has anyone sorted it out for Frank S?

Happy steaming,
Zbigniew