Paul:  You will find a technical bulletin for the valve setting at
http://www.accucraft.com/pg-manu-rubytech1.htm

It's pretty self explanatory.  I believe that your loss of power is
directly related to the position of the reversing piston.  If, after
following the technical bulletin, it doesn't clear up, then maybe you
will have to retime the engine by moving the eccentrics.  Don't do that
until you make sure the reversing block is correctly set.

   Clark
Clark B Lord - Las Vegas, Nevada   USA   702-431-3568
Live Steamer running 1:32, 1:20.3, 1:12 & 1:8 engines