on 9/12/99 2:09 am, Mike Gray at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Roundhouse has just annouced the second in their "Basic Series" of
> locomotives.
> This one is a 0-4-0 modeled after a U.S. Porter or Baldwin. Two close up
> photos
> now posted at their web site. Chassis is similar to the Millie but the
> wheelbase
> is shorter. Per Roundhouse, Sammie should be available in Jan/Feb 2000. No
> info on
> pricing. Take a look at:
> http://www.roundhouse-eng.com
>
> Mike Gray

The Sammie is slightly different from Millie in as much as this loco has an
internally fired rather than a 'pot' boiler.  Despite Roundhouse engineering
and logistical backup this is still a 'budget' loco, and the price point
will be impressive. I am very much looking forward to getting my mitts on
one soon and will then be able to answer questions and provide more info.
unlike Ruby, Sammie will be also available in the slimmer gauge (or should I
say 'the true path' John!  Heh...heh....:-)  )

--
Yours Aye

Tag Gorton
Longlands & Western Railway Co