In a message dated 1/2/2000 4:41:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

>  I would like to compare the boiler to the blueprints
>  and
>  try to determine an operating pressure.

Hello Doug;
I also have a Coventry 2-1/2" gauge B&O P-7d pacific and drawings. The engine
underwent several design changes over the years, particularly to the boiler.
Does your model have a combustion chamber with vertical circulation tubes and
does it have Nicholson Thermic Syphons? If so, that is the latest version of
the boiler. Mine is the intermediate version with just superheat and no
combustion chamber. Mine operates and behaves nicely at 80 PSI. When I tried
to run it at 95 PSI to see if it was any livelier, it just slipped more. Your
model should easily haul three full sized adults. I have searched high and
wide trying to find the tracings and patterns for this model, so far
unsuccessfully. If you find any info, would you please let me know?
Sincerely, Keith Taylor