Hi Walt and everyone not at DH,
     I live 50 miles from Diamondhead and have been commuting back and forth
since last Tuesday.  We put up the BIG track oval on Tuesday and Wednesday
and Walt your track arrived Wednesday.  Unfortunately the Ramada decided to
put up a fence around the pool and we couldn't erect your track next to the
pool as in past years.  We had to rearrange the large oval to approx. 90
degrees from where it usually is and tried to erect your track inside the
large oval.  That didn't work.  Too little room between the inside and
outside ovals.  We then took down your track and re-erected it outside and
next to the large oval so that we had three ovals in the main steaming area.
It is a bit cozy but everyone is now together and you don't miss anything
with the three ovals in one area.  The steamup tables are now inside all the
ovals.  You may be able to see some of the setup at http://www.steamup.com
live web cam.  Most of the planning on track placement was done by Tom Toth
and Bob Simpson who did an admirable job considering the circumstances.
Since you were not in attendance I set up my engines at the Pool Bar where
you usually set up.  Your Portable engine transporters were well represented
with my three and many others.
     Your name was mentioned many times (all in good taste I might add) and
everyone wishes you speedy recovery and quick return next year.
       I didn't take an accurate count but there are about 6 of the Aster
Mikados running and all ran fine.  Accucraft Rubys were all over the place
and running like the dickens.  The new Roundhouse "Sammie" was running and
It looks like a typical RH fine runner. Many Rubys and Sammies were sold in
the dealer room.  Looks like attendance next year will be an all-time high
with all the inexpensive engines available.
     One more day to go then back to reality<UGH>
Pat Darby
Covington, LA