> I think I am going to rebel and start a 2" guage.

I like that idea...

> I am going to call if F guage, use code 332 rails set on 2" between
> the rails.   In that case everything could be 1 inch to 1 foot.

...but you're too late on that one.  "F" was already applied to 1:20.3
by the NMRA standards committee.  That name hasn't been
officially adopted by anyone (even the NMRA), but why fool with it
when you could just call it 1/12 scale or 1-inch scale (that's a long-
established name in the NMRA standard and around the world)?

1" scale is widely used in small-scale live steam, by the way.
Kozo's famous engines are all 1" scale, standard gauge.  But
beware, they run on either 4.75" or 5" gauge track.  Arrrgh!  The
gauge is wrong again!  But, as with any scale, if you can lay your
own track, you can do anything you want.  Freedom!

>    Actually 3/4" to 1 foot is the easiest to use as 1/16" on a rule equals 1
> inch in scale.   this 1:20.3 is rediculous.  Who can really see the
> difference the .3 would make?

Ridiculous?  No more so than 1:220, or 1:87, or 1:22.6, or 1:29
(gimme a break!).  You're right, the .3 could be dropped.  Do it, and
see if anyone notices.

regards,
  -vance-

Vance Bass