Well in order to get my garden railway area nearly level I am going to
have to build about 90 feet of retaining wall.  About 50 feet running east
and west and 40 running north and south.  The wall will be tapered along the
east west portion form about 6 inches to 2 feet or more,  and from 6 inches
to maybe 1 foot on the north south section.   The 2 foot tall area will be
right outside my shop and I plan on running track through a doggie door right
into the shop.  This should allow me to service the engines in the shop, take
them out to the elevated section and fire them up.  I am one of those old
retired f--ts, so I am not really into bending over that much either.   I am
sure glad that I have some big strong grandsons around to help out with the
heavy stuff.
     I am making in the process of making arrangements to go to the Spring
Steamup in Pleasanton.   I am looking forward to meeting you all.  The guy I
really want to meet is Norm Saley, the pictures of the model live steam
engines are incredable.

Later
Lloyd.F