I've used Dura-Board for two years now on Walt's frames with excellent
results.  The material has gone through two northern winters plus a couple of
hot, dry summers.  I have had no problems with either shrinkage or expansion.
 The material has held up extremely well with no maintenance whatsoever.
Spilled steam oil and all that other crud that goes with a live steamer wipes
right off.  The only problem I've encountered is that it will melt slightly
if you drop some hot coals from a coal fired loco.  No big problem though.
In my shipment there was some irregularities in the thickness of the
material.  I ordered 3/8" sheets.  Thickness varied from 3/8" to 5/8". This
wasn't much of a problem though.

I would highly recommend it (I have no interests in the company)

Don Plasterer