Truthfully IMHO, I think that the tanks are safe enough for the propane mix.
I can only think that the manufacturers are playing safe at this time for
their own protection.  There are so many people suing each other for some of
the silliest things.  Most of us don't read the instruction sheets, but they
are full of the most obvious things because people are suing just because it
isn't there.  I was at a model show once where this guy was cutting throw
away propane tanks in half and welding them back together to use in his steam
boats, now that is what I call unsafe!
Bob