[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am considering adding a small working steam whistle to my Ruby loco. I
> would like something that would fit in the area below the cab floor.  Does
> anyone know of a source for these things? Thanks for the help!
>
> Randy
> Arizona

Hello Randy and Everyone,

  Sulphur Springs has a whistle for $17.50, item # FW-01. It is listed on page
15 of their catalog. I don't tremember the length of it so it may be too long
to fit under the floor plate on Ruby. Their description does not state the
size, only the fitting (3/32"). They also have a whistle valve but it is a
little large to try to hide under Ruby.
  You might try some of the "toy" stationary steam engine maufacturers like
Wilesco, Jensen, or Mamod. Some of them have valves already built into them.
Looking at my Ruby and my Mamod (Hey, everybody's owned one at one time or
another, right?), I'd say the whistle on the little Mamod would be take up
very little space.
  Considering the obnoxious "shriek" of the Mamod whistle, I would certainly
lean more toward the Sulphur Springs model.
  Hope this helps.

Trent Dowler

P.S. - I hope the above info doesn't violate any "non-commercial" rules. I am
not in any way affiliated with Sulphur Springs.