Gary,

You wrote:

""I noticed someone mentioned fusing plastic ties to ballast and track.
They mentioned
>Tenmmile track. Some claim it is better than other track. Does anyone have
>an opinion""

That was me--the fusing was a joke about my track fires!!

I laid Tenmille bullhead rail about 13 years ago when there wasn't the
availability of track as there is now.  My locos are generally heavy--Aster
passenger locos- and the heavy  plastic rail chairs that support the track
have proved very successful and can be replaced---for my use  I believe
they may be better  than the the small plastic "nubs"  that some
manufacturers use as spikes in order to be realistic. Fortunately the
"chairs" are  correct for Brit and European railways.   The  Tenmille
switch kits I purchased have held up well but the quality and pre soldering
was not up to the standards to suit me--It is a tribute to Aster that the
Locos stay on the track while running through the swithches at 60 to 80 mph
(prototypical speeds for these locos).  Of course, Tenmille may have
improved the quality by now--Barry Harper, the Tenmille rep, can tell you
more about this. You should all know him by  the wonderful  performances of
his R.C 1/32 locos and his exquisite passenger stock. Unfortunately he is
not yet hooked up to the internet--Nag him!!

I also use Llagas Creek track  for the NG garden railway section ( to
accomodate my NG friends and the space limitations) which I find to be
excellent and the "nub" spikes hold up well  but I have not used it for the
racing stock!!  The switches are excellent. However, if I live long enough
( I am older than SaltyChief) to  where I have to replace the Tenmille
track I will do some more evaluation on the track to use.

 SaltyChief---I am so old,  in fact, that my first track in the late 70s,
was Gargraves and let me tell you, it was good- stainless steel- dual gauge
--good stained ties (cedar I believe) I ran O gauge and G1 but  never had
the opportunity to run the couple of Asters I had then.

Geoff