I used a Svea stove (I think it has a primus type burner). It does roar. It cooks
very hot. And I used to sleep with it in my sleeping bag to ensure adequate pressure
when I got up on a cold morning. I bought a tiny pump for it after many years that
left me missing my cold brass bag buddy not a bit.