Vance,
Up here in Canada, Methanol is the standard fuel for locos. Obtainable at
almost any hardware store as Methyl Hydrate.
Burns well and clean. Don't drink it, but otherwise safe. We have used it
indoors in basements and Train Shows and we're all still here !
I believe it is used in camp stoves. Sold in gallon plastic jugs for about
$5.
Cheers,
Peter Trounce,
Toronto.

> From: VR Bass <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Multiple recipients of sslivesteam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Denatured versus Ethyl Alcohol
> Date: Thursday, August 24, 2000 1:35 AM
>
> Chuck, you are now using ethyl alcohol.  "Denatured" means they add
> enough methanol to make you puke if you try to drink it, hence the
British term