Jim,
To make it even 'curiouser', yesterday after the morning run and everything
had cooled down, I took out the safety and filled the boiler almost full with
water. Put the safety back in and opened the throttle. The oil reservoir was
full of oil and the cap was off. I pumped the tender hand pump a few times
and bubbles came out thru the oil, along with some oil. The small amount of
pumping I did with the tender pump did not even move the pressure gauge,
especially since the oil fill was open. That slight amount of pressure was
enough to get through whatever kink or obstruction there may be.
I really do not want to have to disassemble the whole front end to get that
tank out and replaced, but it may have to come down to that.
Thanks for your concern and advice.
Keep your steam up!
Walt & Lunk