Hi.

The month of May would be better for us as we are planning to come over to
the States during that time next year. We are already planning on staying
in Sacramento for a few days (research at the CSRRM), plus I want to crawl
around a few locos with a measuring tape, so the opportunity to combine it
with a steamup would be most excellent.

We were in Sacramento last year's July ('99) and it was very hot (for us
Brits). So much so we had to buy hats! (I got a nice Panama from a Front St
store). Indoors was okay though.

Best wishes,
Susan.

P.S.
Does anyone have the formula for calculating the "tractive effort" for a
live steam locomotive?
S.