Vance,
Enjoyed reading your account of the visit to Denver & to Marc Horovitz.
Now I noticed you went with a laser cutting guy.
I have been playing around these last few weeks cutting 'bar' frames for 2 US
ga1, 1/32 scale locos from 1/8th steel plate as opposed to my previous
fabrications from 1/8, 3/16 th" or from 4mm bar. All very tedious.
Now the way to go should be laser cutting, & I did meet a Brit guy at an
exhibition in Holland a few years ago who said he could do bar frames in ga1
- he thought for about £70 a set, but I did not pursue this.
I guess your travelling companion was into this. What is the cost of having
this sort of thing done in the States, & is it only practical for CADsavvy
individuals such as yourself ?

Cheers,

Art Walker, Guildford, England