I got the first run in on the VBClimax today to test the mechanics.
Pix at  http://www.geocities.com/carlosmalone/vclimax.jpg
 It seems to all work well after cutting down the burner for the
boiler...that's a long
sucker leading into the gas jet and clearance was the main problem to get it
between the frames.
Thanks to all who replied to my call for help making gas jets
assemblies..had to make a new holder for the jet (BA #1)
http://www.geocities.com/carlosmalone/vclose.jpg
Also made a displacement lubricator and it actually worked.... #64 hole
seems to be fine as there is good oil usage...thanks again for all the help!
The first run back and forth went without incident and I'm now ready to
proceed with th cosmetics.

Steam is good!

Carl

Carl Malone