Hi Trent,
    The few who know me, know the slow progress of my project.  I "steal" time
to work on it as work and family take the lion's share of what time I have
available.  So you might imagine how both overwhelmed and yet thankful for all
the good ideas that have come from my querie.  I hope that more than myself
are benefitting from all the expert attention to the problem.  I'm not sure
how long, however, it will take for me to explore all the excellent ideas that
have been proposed.  And yet another from you.

    Knowing what processes and or machines are available has limited my
thinking on this problem.  It never occurred to me to consider EDM to cut the
letters out of something thick enough that nothing further (other than
filleting the draft angle) would be required.  I dismissed the idea, as well
as laser cutting of plastic, etc, as too costly a method to consider.
Especially with an uncertain outcome.  Repeated experiments could be
expensive.  However, drawing on your and other's experience may make it more
likely to be successful in fewer tries.  So I'll have to consider your first
idea a possibility.  Your second idea, however, I don't quite grasp.
You said an electrode would be machined to represent what you wanted burned
into the part.  Would this electrode be the lettering?  My lack of familiarity
with the process shows here.  Could you clarify?  Thanks again for your time.

royce