Peter,

1. The original BAGRS project specified the Roundhouse oiler.  Making an
equivalent is easy using copper and brass pipe fittings and copper tubing.
Look in the local hardware store misc. parts for assembling electric light
fixtures and you might find little screw caps that will fit a 1/8" NPT
thread. The same thing is used for the Midwest boiler filler hole cap. One
of these will make the cap for the oiler if a gasket or o-ring is pressed
into it.

2. If you fit a regulator then make sure that you fit a suitable safety
valve to the boiler. The original BAGRS design had no regulator. The
oscillating cylinder assembly functioned as a safety because of the  spring
pressure holding the steam engine cylinder against the frame.

3. I have no experience with Delrin chain and sprockets. I used the brass
sprockets and chain on my project loco. An accidental alcohol fire, even if
controlled quickly, might be fatal to Delrin components.

4. I recommend against gas firing unless the boiler is silver (hard)
soldered. Even then the boiler end pieces from Midwest are thin copper and
might not be substantial enough to withstand the heat needed for silver
soldering. Also the brass pipe for the flue/stack could be weakened if the
silver soldering flux is too strong.  Finally gas firing might produce more
steam than the little Midwest single-acting cylinder can use resulting in
the safety constantly blowing off.

5. The Midwest steam engine will run in either direction, but the steam
inlet and exhaust must be reversed in order to reverse the direction of
flywheel rotation.

6. For boiler fittings get a Sulphur Springs Steam Models, Ltd. catalog:
www.steamup.com/sulphur/ (I have no commercial interest.)

Good luck and have fun!

Steve