In a message dated 12/14/00 3:51:44 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  Taig Lathe with a 1/4 horse motor .

 the second one would be a 7 / 10 inch lathe Made for Harbor Freight by
 Central machine . >>

Paul

FWIW, I have both the Taig (with the Sherline motor for infinite variable
speed) and the HF.  There is plenty of tooling available for both.

Charlie Mynhier is my mentor and I got the Taig originally (and so equipped)
at his suggestion.  When he saw the HF lathe demonstrated at Diamondhead last
year he was very impressed with how powerful and accurate it was.  (John
Thomson from Mesquite, TX brought his new one.)  Subsequently several of us
in the Houston area have purchased the HF.  We have even had some OJT -- one
all-day Saturday with Charlie.

The HF has even occasionally been on sale at $329 -- and if you buy it from
Internet there is no tax and no freight!

-- ** and I have no financial interest....blah, blah, blah!

Jim Crabb
Seabrook (Houston), Texas