I have had some trouble getting identicle curves. On the same rail I can
bend and unbend reliably, but on different 8 foot lengths of rail
consistency is not my experience. Are you suggesting attaching the rail
bender to a flat work surface to keep the rail level for the entire
bending process? I have found that Aristo Craft's stainless steel rail
bends more when run through from one end than if the other end is the
starting point. I have no idea prior to bending which end will result in
a more shallow or tighter curve. Pretty frustrating. I expect the rail
was once on a huge roll for shipment from the foundry and mill. Thus the
rail retains a memory from prolonged rolled storage. Just a theory. Any
suggestions for knowing ahead of bending which way the rail might be
biased to bend?
Gary Lane
Eugene, OR

I have used two different rail benders and prefer the
Llagas Creek unit.  I strongly recommend that you
attach the bender to a work surface to assure
repeatable curves.\