In a message dated 01/03/01 8:40:15 AM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Powder coating will not take the heat a steamer produces.  The coating is
 basically melted plastic paint that is susceptible to being re-melted by the
 heat produced during steaming. >>

A different point of view -- this is the process that Roundhouse Engineering
has used very successfully on it's production models for several years.  I'm
not sure of the specifics but it is a two-part application "baked" at a
temperature which exceeds those found in the normal use of our steamers.  It
is also the reason you can't buy "touch up paint" to match.

Jim Crabb
Seabrook (Houston), Texas
Bayou Limited, Inc