I have both books, got the Yates book for the Holiday!
   I am drawing up a modified engine for a lighter than air craft. Once that is built
then I'll work on a frame with a balloon to hold it up. And once that flies the next
step will be to build the heavier than air frame.
All in my "Copious" spare time ;-}
Terry Griner
Columbus Ohio USA
Modelbuilder/tinkerer

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/04/01 06:52AM >>>
There is also another book reprinted by Lindsay called Model Making edited by
Raymond Yates.  Although this book is a little sketchy in it's handling of
the projects, things are buildable.  Most of the book is devoted to boats
but, there are two chapters dealing with model steam airplanes using flash
boilers.
Bob